Important: Be sure to start the instructor workstation and launch the SimAVIO software before starting the simulator.
The simulator looks for the instructor workstation at startup in order to make a connection.
- Turn on the Microsoft Surface computer.
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to log in.
- Enter the PIN: 1227
- Double-tap on the SIMAVIO icon in the center of the screen.
- Swipe to agree to the terms and conditions on the first couple of pages.
- Double-tap where it says Double Tap to Continue.
- Wait for the startup sequence to complete. You'll see WAITING FOR X-PLANE when startup is complete.
- Start the simulator by following the instructions in Turning On the TouchTrainer to turn on the simulator.
- Once the simulator is started you should see WAITING FOR X-PLANE disappear.
- The flight plan is not shown on the instructor workstation's map.
- To reposition to a specific point on an airport (as opposed to the default runway), you need to reposition the aircraft using the X-Plane menus on the top left simulator monitor.