X-Plane has a feature where it will download the current METAR reports every hour, so you can fly in the actual weather outside.
To use actual weather:
- Using the touchpad on the keyboard, move your mouse to the top left of the top left-hand monitor until the X-Plane menus appear.
- Click Environment then click Weather.
- Click grab real-weather from the net.
- Make sure the DOWNLOAD Real-Weather file 'METAR.RWX' from the net box is checked.
- When the box is checked, X-Plane will download the weather every hour.
- You can force a download by clicking the Download right now! button.
- If you manually change the weather, the real weather option will be turned off. Click the Read METAR.rwx right now! button to reset the weather to the real-world weather.
Note: If you manually change the weather, the weather setting in X-Plane will be automatically set back to set weather uniformly for the whole world. If you want to use real-world weather again, follow the steps above.