Step A: Connect to Wireless and Determine Your IP Address
- Connect your iPad to the Skyhaven Flying Club wireless network in the simulator room. (The password is posted in the simulator room.)
- Start ForeFlight on your iPad.
- Tap More on the bottom.
- Tap Devices in the left-hand list.
- Tap the "i" icon at the top right. You should see an IPaddress that starts with 192.168.1.
- Continue to the next step, where you'll type in that IP address.
Step B: Connect Your iPad to X-Plane on the Simulator
- Move your mouse to the very top of the top left monitor until the X-Plane menus appear.
- Click Settings then click Net Connections.
- Click the iPhone/iPad tab, then enter the IP address for your iPad in the box. (Just update the last 3 numbers).
- Click the X at the top of the Net Connections window.
- You should see an X-Plane box in ForeFlight on the Settings tab. If you don't see it, repeat the steps above before continuing.
Tap the X-Plane box, then tap Enabled. Your screen should look like this:
Tap Maps and verify you see Accuracy (X-Plane) at the bottom when your groundspeed, altitude, etc. is being shown ("A" in the screen shot below). If you don't see those numbers, turn them on by tapping the icon at the top of the screen ("B" in the screen shot below).